Lotto.bclc.com is a governmentally regulated website, and this is one excellent reason to trust what’s available. If you’re Canadian and are looking for an easy way to play your local games, this is worth a go
- Run and operated by an official state entity under the BC regulatory framework.
- Offers both national and local British Columbia lotteries.
- Online casino and sports betting are also available.
- A useful BCLC app is available for playing, scanning, and checking ticket results.
- Ticket prices are the same as the BC retail network.
- Only available for BC residents.
- BC residents can’t play when out of the territory.
- ID verification process is strict, rigorous, and complex
BCLC stands for many different things, but in this case, it relates to the British Columbia Lottery Corporation. This Canadian Crown corporation offers a range of gambling/gaming products, including lottery tickets, casinos, and legal online gambling. Its base of operations is in Kamloops but it also has a secondary office in Vancouver.
The corporation has been running for more than three decades now and has a reputation for its sense of community and enriching people’s lives in the community. 10% tax is taken from BCLCs income revenue, and these monies are then reintroduced into the community for education projects and much more.
For this casino review, we’ll be looking at the lotto side of the organisation.
Casino Activities and Gaming Software
You’re not going to find some of the internationally famous games here. Instead, BCLC offers only Canadian lottery games. These include the Canada 5/49, the BC/49, or Lotto Max. Apart from the lottery, BCLC provides a range of other online gambling options such as casinos, sports, betting, and scratch-offs.
Here’s a list of the games you can currently play:
- Daily Grand: Top prize of $1,000 a day for life
- BC/49: Top prize of $2 million
- Keno: Draws every 3:30 minutes and the chance to win up to $200,000
- Lotto 6/49: Nationwide lottery game with more chances every week to become a millionaire
- LOTTO MAX: Two weekly jackpots that start at $10 million and grow up to $70 million
It’s possible to navigate the site using a mobile device. There’s also an app you can download from the iOS and Android Play Stores. Use the app to scan winning tickets, scan scratch and win tickets, check official BCLC results, monitor the progress of staked games, and find out about jackpot amounts.
Bonuses and Rewards
Visit the Lotto.bclc.com promotions page, and you’ll find the current promotions being run. Generally, you can expect them to include opportunities to gain free tickets, discounts, and other bonuses. There is also a selection of other instant games like their casino and sports betting options.
At the time of writing this review, there were two promotions. The first was Lotto Max Extra. Buy a $20 Lotto Max pack and get one free Extra. The second was in the Keno game, where you have to look for the Doubler message on your ticket to double your prize.
Via the site, you can set up a subscription, so you never have to miss a jackpot. Once you’ve set it up, your ticket is automatically bought on your behalf for as many draws as you want.
BCLC is committed to keeping your information secure and protecting your privacy. State-of-the-art technology is used, and numerous security procedures are in place to protect your information. These include:
- Secure firewalls help prevent unauthorised access to BCLC’s systems.
- Log-in protection includes personal verification questions.
Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption is used for all PlayNow.com sessions or whenever personal information is requested of players. To play at the site, your browser must support 128-bit encryption.
BCLC accepts debit or credit cards, Interac online, online bill payments, and PayPal. The minimum deposit is $5, and the maximum limit is something you set for yourself.
BCLC Lotto has a dedicated help page where you’ll find the answers to most questions you might want to ask. Topics covered include how to claim prizes, how to buy tickers, how to check tickets, how to change debit cards and a whole host of other types of questions.
If you can’t find the answer to your question, you have the option of completing a contact us form or using the Live Chat option. Unfortunately, this option is only available during working hours, 7 am to 12 am Pacific Time, daily. Should you need to use Live Chat, you’ll find it a very prompt service. There is also a local telephone number you can call.