The BCLC platform is slightly different from what you might be used to, but don’t let that put you off. There is a good selection of games, and the support network is a positive one.
- Run and operated by an official state entity under the BC regulatory framework.
- Online casino and sports betting opportunities are available, alongside national and local BC lotteries.
- There’s an app you can use to play games, scan tickets, and check results.
- Only available for BC residents
- The ID verification process is very rigorous, strict, and complex.
BCLC or the British Columbia Lottery Corporation has provided local online casino and gaming opportunities for many years now. You can play games directly through the website or by downloading the app.
To play any of the games at BCLC, you have to be at least 19 years of age and be an official British Columbia resident. You also have to be physically within British Columbia if you want to buy lottery tickets via the site.
BCLC has been around since 1985 and operates under governmental regulations. It was incorporated under the Provincial Company Act and initially only offered lotteries. After some time, the authority of the corporation expanded to cover sports betting and casino games.
Casino Activities and Gaming Software
As you might expect, because the BCLC is a regional entity, there are options to participate in all the local lotteries via this site. Lotto games available to play include:
- Lotto Max and Extra: Draws Tuesday and Friday night with jackpots that start at $10 million and grow up to $70 million.
- Lotto 6/49 and Extra: Offers two prizes for each draw – the regular jackpot that starts at $5 million plus the guaranteed $1 million prizes every draw.
- Lotto BC/49 and Extra: This lottery game gives you two chances to win $2 million every week.
- Daily Grand and Extra: A nationwide lottery game that gives you a chance to win $1,000 a day for the rest of your life. The secondary prize gives you a chance to win $25,000 a year for life.
- Scratch and Win
- Poker Lotto: One ticket with two chances to win the nightly draw for $100,000.
- Keno and Keno Bonus: Draws take place every 3:30 minutes.
- Pacific Hold-Em Poker: If your hand beats all of your on-screen opponents’ hands, you win.
- BC 50/50
- Pull Tabs
- Sports Action
When it comes to playing casino games, you can play at the live casino or the PlayNow casino. Games on offer in both of these sections include:
- Live Casino: Blackjack, Baccarat, Baccarat eSqueeze, Roulette, and auto Roulette.
- PlayNow Casino: Slots, Blackjack, Bingo, Jackpots, Powerbucks, Instants, Video Poker, Virtual Sports
Lastly, there’s the site’s sports section, where you can access a SportsAction daily menu and select your games and see your potential winnings. There’s the PlayNow Sports section, where you’ll be taking part in Canada’s most prominent legal online Sportsbook. Finally, in the SportsPool section, you bet $5 for your chance to win or share the jackpot.
Bonuses and Rewards
There are always some bonuses and rewards waiting to improve your experience of this site, but they vary depending on where you decide to play. The current PlayNow promotions include:
- $20 casino sign up bonus
- $20 live casino sign up bonus
- $5 lotto sign up bonus
- $20 sports sign up bonus
- But a $20 Lotto Max pack and get 1 free Extra
- $5 Freebet at SportsPool
- A Bet-back bonus gives you a chance to win a matched Freebet up to $100
BCLC is committed to protecting all its players and uses state-of-the-art technology and numerous security procedures to protect player’s information. Secure firewalls help prevent unauthorised access and log in protection ensures the integrity of their systems and the safety of your information.
Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption is used for all sessions or whenever personal information is requested.
BCLC accepts debit or credit cards, Interac online, online bill payments, and PayPal. The minimum deposit is $5, and the maximum limit is something you set for yourself.
Each section of the site has its own dedicated FAQs section, where you’ll find the answers to some of the most common questions. There’s also a live chat option which available every day from 8 am to midnight PST. Alternatively, you can send an email 24/7 or call the customer support team daily from 7 am to midnight PST.